We are pleased to announce that the UAE Higher Education CIO Council has appointed the following Council Members to be on the Ankabut Service Board.
- Frank Seifaee – American University of Dubai
- Leo de Sousa – American University of Sharjah
- Jacob Kuriyan – Khalifa University
- Sofiane Benna – MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology
Ankabut will announce their Senior Management representative to complete the Ankabut Service Board.
The Service Board advises the Ankabut CEO and Senior Management regarding Ankabut’s role in delivering services and projects that support teaching, learning, research and business functions of its Higher Education members.
The Ankabut Service Board will:
- provide project management, sponsorship, and ownership for projects created in UAE CIO Council Working Groups
- review potential cloud based services that could be deployed and accessed by Ankabut members
- determine relevance of applications / services to the Ankabut institutional members
- recommend priorities for investigation and prioritize services delivered over the Ankabut NREN
- suggest methods (pilot projects, etc.) for facilitation of such services
The Ankabut Service Board will not:
- review communications, outreach or marketing functions (delegated to Ankabut Manager, Member Relations & Communications)
- coordinate or run the Ankabut User Conferences
- provide any funding for projects or initiatives – this will be the responsibility of Ankabut and Ankabut members who are participating in projects or initiatives